Accounting Department – Clarksville, IN
First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has sixteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo, Montgomery, Odon and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting, including general ledger maintenance and reconciliation, financial statement preparation, and accounts receivable/payables processing, or 10 years in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent accounting systems and spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Financial institution experience preferred.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
Specific Job Functions:
- Coordinates accounting activities, including accounts payable.
- Reconciles and analyzes general ledger accounts, prepares journal entries, closes and produces various monthly financial statements and reports.
- Prepares or reviews the monthly BOD financial reports.
- Reconciles borrowing activity of the Bank.
- Reconciles investment activity for the Bank’s & its wholly-owned subsidiaries (FSI) AFS and HTM securities portfolios.
- Maintains the fixed asset ledger and reconciles fixed assets.
- Assists in preparation of filing of personal property tax returns.
- Assists in preparation of monthly income tax and bonus accruals.
- Assists in preparation and/or maintenance of budgets, forecasts, planning models (e.g. interest rate risk, liquidity and capital), and profitability reports for products, services, customers, branches, business lines, operating divisions, segments and the like.
- Assists in preparation of certain work papers for the Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO).
- Adheres to GAAP, SEC/PCAOB standards, tax laws, regulatory compliance and policy guidelines pertaining to job function.
- Responsible for being compliant with all regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to job function.
- All other duties as may be assigned