Accounting Department – Clarksville, IN
First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has sixteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo, Montgomery, Odon and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous office experience in an accounting related support position preferred.
- Strong math aptitude with interest in working with figures, calculation and balancing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Specific Job Functions:
- Processing invoices by entering them into the accounts payable system, assigning approval processes and GL account numbers.
- Processing payments for invoices that have been approved.
- Processing electronic files for all accounts payable items.
- Maintaining vendor records and W-9 forms for all vendors.
- Contacting vendors as needed.
- Assist in preparation of Forms 1099 annually.
- Responsible for monitoring outstanding checks for escheatment purposes.
- Responsible for being compliant with all policies and procedures, pertaining to accounts payable.
- Prepare reconciliations for general ledger accounts.
- Research and analyze general ledger account history.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned or requested.