First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has sixteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo, Montgomery, Odon and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance or equivalent banking experience.
- Minimum of five year’s experience in financial or lending institution.
- Management experience.
- Good sales, organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend training materials and learn and follow bank policies.
- Ability to develop and grow business opportunities in your market.
- Basic computer and office equipment knowledge.
- Ability to lead a team through change.
Specific Job Functions:
- Maintains a positive work environment by establishing good communications with branch staff.
- Coach staff on Sales and Service.
- Conduct daily sales meetings.
- Oversee the Sales and Service Performance Standards for the branch.
- Responsible for branch operations and maintenance.
- Focus on loan, deposit and household growth.
- Attend meetings as required to effectively communicate and carry out bank strategies and functions.
- Participate in community activities to increase Bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Perform yearly employee evaluations.
- Maintain knowledge of branch policies and procedures with respect to approving checks and overrides.
- Supervise vault operations and procedures.
- Monitor the resolution of overdrawn accounts.
- Approve cashier’s checks up to signing authority.
- Resolves customer problems and complaints; counsel customers with special needs or requests.
- Open new deposit accounts as needed.
- Proactively educate customer on alternative ways to access their accounts.
- Interview loan applicants, collect and review financial related information, and determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the specific merits of the loan request.
- Establish and negotiate the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method, collateral requirements, and other relevant information.
- Approve loans within the Bank’s loan policy and the officer’s individual lending limits.
- Develop materials for the presentation of loans as necessary.
- Assure the appropriate reports are completed accurately and filled in a timely manner.
- Order appraisals, credit reports, title work, flood determinations and other information as need for loan applications.
- Personally take incoming calls and walk-in customers, and schedule appointments.
- Quickly communicate approvals or denials to loan applicants.
- Prepare goals or objectives for individual performance as it relates to overall bank goals.
- Participate in call program to maintain and increase customer base.
- Introduce customers to all bank products, cross-selling as appropriate.
- Review all accounts in delinquent or past due status, and take appropriate actions to collect and bring accounts to current position.
- Quickly identify problem loans and discuss with the appropriate manager or loan committee.
- Maintain loan files and review as necessary for adequate collateral and security coverage as required by Bank’s loan policy.
- Responsible for being compliant with all regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to job function.
- Carries out other duties as may be assigned or requested.