First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has sixteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo, Montgomery, Odon and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
- CPA, CRC, DLBB, or CCIM designations or formal credit training are preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in commercial credit, commercial lending, or comparable credit roles.
- Capable of considering complex variables and criteria to prudently adjudicate commercial lending transactions within designated lending authorities.
- Exceptional financial analytical, business mathematical, organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with high skills in Word, Excel and Power Points.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with applicants, borrowers, lending officers, staff, supervisors and management.
Specific Job Functions:
- Prepares Loan Approval Reports on complex Commercial Lending Transactions including transactions for Commercial and Industrial, Commercial Real Estate, and Acquisition and Development borrowers with recommendation for approval of loans outside of lending limit.
- Adjudicates credit transactions within designated lending authority.
- Actively participates in loan committee offering their opinion of the credit and/or responding to questions as the financial analyst for the credit requested.
- Analyzes loan data on new, renewal and existing loans, including data provided by credit bureaus, other financial institutions and financial institution credit/collateral files.
- Determines the proper risk rating for credits at time of loan origination and annually on relationships assigned for annual reviews.
- Prepares spread sheets, credit memorandums, reports, summaries and opinions for retail, mortgage and commercial lending officers on new, renewal and existing loans.
- Works with the loan officer and makes recommendations for proper loan structuring including term, amortization, loan conditions and covenants.
- Spreads and analyzes personal and business financial statements, tax returns, management prepared financials and CPA prepared compilations, reviews and audited statements.
- Assists with the timely collection of customer financial information as needed.
- Keeps informed about current national and local economic and industry events, new accounting and finance rules and other events which can affect quality of the bank’s loan portfolio.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to loan officers as needed.
- Performs UCC, credit bureau, D&B, loss avoidance, and other credit/industry and collateral specific investigations.
- Performs other Credit and Credit Administration functions as required.
- Adheres to Confidentiality Policy, Code of Ethics Policy, and all other internal and regulatory bank policies/procedures as well as all other consumer, mortgage and commercial compliance policies/procedures.
- Responsible for being compliant with all internal and external policies, regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to job function.
- Carries out other duties as may be assigned or requested.