900 Highway 62 NW
Corydon, IN 47112
First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has sixteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo, Montgomery, Odon and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of at least two years banking experience with a strong working comprehension of Deposit Operations activities
- Capable of multi-tasking and maintaining focus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to understand and adhere to policies, procedures, regulations and laws for the department and the organization to protect assets and the reputation of the bank.
Specific Job Functions:
- Handles telephone inquiries and research requests from the branches, other departments and customers, in a friendly and courteous manner while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Responsible for working and processing exception items, including non-post items, stop pays, positive pay, and NSF items on a daily basis.
- Make customer account adjustments due to processing errors.
- Balances DDA, Savings, and CD applications and balances branch cash.
- Verifies all new deposit accounts, performs and verifies maintenance, and ensures that all documentation has been obtained as required by policy.
- Processes the charge-backs and returns.
- Processes, prints and mails all deposit application notices, including CD interest checks, NSF Notices, ODP Sweep notices, etc.
- Balances outstanding cashier’s checks, CD interest checks and other internal accounts.
- Initiates and processes incoming and outgoing wire transfers, while being alert to situations of potential fraud.
- Reviews mobile capture deposits to identify transactions that could indicate fraud.
- Processes ACH Origination files. The utmost attention and focus is required for this function.
- Sorts incoming mail and ensures that postage equipment is working properly.
- Researches and corrects returned mail.
- Processes levies, garnishments, interrogatory requests and verification of deposits.
- Responsible for charge-off account processing to include all reporting.
- Monitors savings and money market accounts for Reg. D violations.
- Monitors Dormant and escheated accounts.
- Updates and maintains department procedures when needed.
- Remain current on all required annual training.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Responsible for being compliant with all regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to job function.