First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has sixteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo, Montgomery, Odon and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years professional Human Resources experience with accountability for management in various HR disciplines, such as, Compliance, Recruiting, Payroll, Benefits and Employee Relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge and experience working with Excel and Word.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Technical experience with human resources software, preferably with automation experience.
- Good math skills with ability to calculate amounts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and government regulations.
Specific Job Functions:
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring and retention of a highly qualified workforce.
- Completes background screening process on new hires.
- Completing new hire paperwork.
- Posts job opening internally and externally.
- Coordinates and maintains current job descriptions.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining recruitment documents for compliance.
- Provide input and assistance to managers on documenting and discussing employee performance issues.
- Handles responding to all unemployment claims.
- Conducts Exit Interviews.
- Reviews and provides approval of bi-weekly payroll. Ensures timely processing and serves as backup to HR Administrator and processes payroll, as needed.
- Reviews and calculates incentive pay, bonus pay, commission pay, overtime calculations, mortgage loan officer commission pay for accurate payroll processing.
- Responsible for uploading 401k payroll transmittal reports.
- Assists with review of payroll tax reports, as needed.
- Works with HR Administrator on system changes, tax changes, new set-up, etc.
- Reviews system reports with HR Administrator regarding accurate PPACA Reporting (IRS Forms 1095c and 1094c).
- Monitors benefits eligibility per PPACA guidelines.
- Responsible for the non-officers monthly annual compensation cycle.
- Responsible for Benefits Open Enrollment annually.
- Responsible for being compliant with all regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to job function.
- Carries out other duties as may be assigned or requested.