First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has fourteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- 5+ years of sound knowledge and experience in finance and/or operations of a financial services company.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline preferred
- The ability to consult with management and staff in any area of the company.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills and organizing ability with successful experience in concurrently managing multiple projects at varying levels of technical difficulty at the same time.
- Strong teamwork, analytical, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and the COSO control framework, preferred.
- Ability to travel to various locations as required.
Specific Job Functions:
- Assist in defining, refining, implementing and maintaining the Company’s audit process, including department standards and procedures that will be overseen by the Chief Risk Officer.
- Execute Operational audits, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning the audit work, conducting audit interviews, observing operations, documenting and analyzing procedures and controls, performing audit tests to ensure compliance with established internal control procedures, preparing appropriate work papers, developing audit recommendations and reviewing them with appropriate management, and preparing audit reports.
- Manage multiple administrative functions such as budgets, scheduling resources, internal policy development, etc.
- Assist Bank staff and management with consultation of internal controls; maintain collaborative working relationships with accounting, operations and information systems management, learning and understanding the business to better provide value-added services, help management achieve objectives, and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards for organization audits, identifying opportunities for audit process improvement and integration with the financial and operational audit process.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.