Mortgage Loan Officer
Market Area: Harrison County
First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has fourteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in residential mortgage sales preferred
- One to three years’ experience in collecting and analyzing borrower income and negotiating skills
- Experience proactively soliciting new business
- Self-motivated with good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in standardized software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite
Specific Job Functions:
- Interview loan applicants, collect and review financial and related information, and determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the specific merits of the loan request for purchase, refinance and construction loans on residential real estate property.
- Establish and negotiate the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method, collateral requirements, and other relevant information.
- Approve loans within the Bank’s loan policy and the officer’s individual lending limits.
- Refer creditworthy loans above lending limit, as well as those outside the policy, to the appropriate manager or loan committee.
- Develop materials for the presentation of loans as necessary.
- Assure the appropriate reports are completed accurately and filed in a timely manner.
- Personally take incoming calls and walk-in customers, and schedule appointments.
- Quickly communicate approvals or denials to loan applicants.
- Inform clients of institutions underwriting guidelines and applicable government regulations.
- Communicate complex approvals to real estate agents or builder as appropriate.
- Manage personal pipeline to ensure service standards, financial goals and objectives for individual performance as it relates to overall bank goals.
- Participate in call program to establish relationships with local referral networks
- Introduce customers to all bank products, cross-selling as appropriate.
- Participate in community activities to increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Keep up with educational requirements and maintain a working knowledge of laws regulations, programs and products
- Review all accounts in delinquent or past due status, and take appropriate actions to collect and bring accounts to current position.
- Quickly identify problem loans and discuss with the appropriate manager or loan committee.
- Maintain loan files and review as necessary for adequate collateral and security coverage as required by Bank’s loan policy.
- Provide support to other branches when managers or loan officers need assistance.
- Comply will all applicable federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned or requested.