First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has sixteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo, Montgomery, Odon and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Successful completion of in-house training program or approved outside training program.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as a calculator, computer/key board.
- Two years of business-related experience or a minimum of one year of banking experience.
- Must display good attendance, dependability and punctuality.
- Must possess strong organizational and follow up skills.
Specific Job Functions:
- Profile customers in order to make informed recommendations and cross sell appropriate products.
- Assists customers with all aspects of opening and maintaining checking, savings and certificate of deposit accounts, and provides other customer services as needed. Obtains all of the required customer information per policy when opening accounts.
- Practice Sales and Service Performance Standards.
- Maintains current knowledge of all bank products and services and assists customers in choosing the appropriate account or product to best meet their financial needs.
- Prepares and inputs data required to open new accounts, which will produce the required documents, signature card, etc.
- Obtains information and completes form to initiate outgoing wire transfers.
- Maintains positive customer relations while handling or assisting customers with account inquiries, statement or bookkeeping issues, service charge questions, and other problems.
- Responds to customer and employee requests and questions in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Opens and closes IRAs, keeps up with IRA regulations, and required documents.
- Assist tellers when situations and circumstances warrant.
- Rents safety deposit boxes. Interviews customers to obtain necessary information, prepares lease agreement, issues keys, and explains the rights and privileges to the safe deposit box.
- Responsible for being compliant with all regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to job function.
- Stay current with compliance requirements.