Senior Credit Analyst
First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has fourteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- Five (5) years of demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and present concise and well supported Corporate Banking, Agricultural, and Commercial Real Estate loan approval presentations to various levels of the organization.
- Demonstrable leadership and coaching skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities and desire to effectively work with Relationship Managers, Executive Leadership, and other Bank Employees in a team environment to achieve First Savings Bank’s goals.
- Exceptional financial, analytical, business, organizational, problem solving, time management, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in related software applications such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are required. Experiences working within the nCino and / or Buker’s credit platforms are preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial lending operations and regulations strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, or Accounting;
- Farm Credit System experience, a CPA or RMA’s CRC designations are preferred.
Specific Job Functions:
- Assist the Chief Credit Officer with reporting requirements
- Participate in the maintenance of the accuracy of the Bank’s commercial loan rating system; validate that loan risk ratings accurately reflect the risks inherent in credit presentations and across the Bank’s portfolio.
- As required, review commercial credit files for completeness and proper organization; working with lending officers and Credit Analysts to take corrective action as necessary.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to loan officers and other Credit Analysts as needed.
- Attend joint client calls with lending officers when appropriate.
- Prepares spread sheets, credit write-ups, reports, summaries and opinions for commercial lending officers on new, renewal and existing loans.
- Spreads and analyzes personal and business financial statements, tax returns, management prepared financials and CPA prepared compilations, reviews and audited statements.
- Analyzes loan data on new, renewal and existing loans, including data provided by credit bureaus, other financial institutions and financial institution credit/collateral files.
- Performs UCC, credit bureau, loss avoidance, and other credit/industry and collateral specific investigations.
- Annually reviews commercial loans that fall within the set scope to ensure accuracy of risk grade and timely identification of emerging risks.
- May also support other credit risk management activities including those related to internal or external audits, loan reviews, regulatory / compliance matters, and or problem loans.
- Keeps informed about current national and local economic and industry events, new accounting and finance rules and other events which can affect quality of the bank’s loan portfolio.
- Responsible for being compliant with all regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to job function. Adheres to Confidentiality Policy, Code of Ethics Policy, and all other internal and regulatory bank policies/procedures as well as all other consumer, mortgage and commercial compliance policies / procedures.
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or requested.