Accounting Department – Clarksville, IN
First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has sixteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo, Montgomery, Odon and Salem. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior financial position and having extensive experience in budgeting, asset liability management and financial reporting for financial institutions, or 10 years in lieu of bachelor’s degree and/or CPA designation.
- Excellent accounting systems and spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent level of analytical, organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage a group of highly trained personnel.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Publicly traded financial institution experience preferred.
Specific Job Functions:
- Manages, directs, and/or prepares budgets, forecasts and planning models (e.g. interest rate risk, liquidity and capital).
- Manages the organization’s investment securities portfolio, borrowings profile, Bank Owned Life Insurance (BOLI) investments, and its capital, liquidity, interest rate sensitivity and profitability positions.
- Manages, implements and adheres to policies for asset liability management, investments, borrowings, capital, liquidity and related financial management areas.
- Manages special projects and assignments related to financial decisions.
- Prepares and analyzes profitability reports for products, services, customers, branches, business lines, operating divisions, segments and the like.
- Delivers and interprets various reports to the Board and management.
- Prepares certain reports for the Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO).
- Provides guidance in determining deposit and loan rates.
- Provides guidance regarding development of the organization’s products and services.
- Provides guidance regarding alternative investment opportunities and strategies.
- Assists in analysis of new business lines, operating divisions, segments and the like.
- Assists in analysis of new branch site locations and closings of existing branches.
- Assist in analysis of merger and acquisition opportunities.
- Assists in strategic planning for the organization, including identifying opportunities for growth, development and profitability.
- Assist the department with its financial reporting obligations (e.g. review of public company filings; administration of and adherence to SOX controls, etc.).
Committees and Other Positions:
- Director of First Savings Investments, Inc. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Bank).
- Member of Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO).
- Member of Investment Committee.
- Member of Enterprise Risk Management Committee.
- Member of Asset Procurement Committee.
- Invited guest to ALLL Committee meetings.
- Invited guest to Board meetings at the Board’s request.
- Invited guest to Audit Committee at committee’s request.