Quality Assurance Specialist – Louisville Office Location
First Savings Financial Group, Inc. is the holding company for First Savings Bank. First Savings Bank has sixteen offices in the Indiana communities of Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Sellersburg, New Albany, Georgetown, Corydon, Lanesville, English, Leavenworth, Marengo, Montgomery, Odon and Salem. We are expanding our mortgage lending capabilities. Our mission is to create a higher quality of life for our customers, our employees, our community and our shareholders. We are committed to building customer relationships, conducting business with integrity, providing the best customer service and we count on our employees to deliver that outstanding service. We encourage an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation. Career opportunities are available to individuals who want to be a part of our continued success and we value a diverse workforce. We also provide an excellent benefit package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in mortgage industry preferred with knowledge of processing, underwriting, closing and funding, or two years of retail bank experience
- Good accounting skills and strong organizational abilities
- Ability to communicate with customers, internal stakeholders, vendors and other service providers in a timely and professional manner
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for problem resolution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
Specific Job Functions:
- Review underlying underwriting criteria involved with mortgage loans to ensure that the correct documentation and verifications for the financial institution’s residential in-house and secondary market closing and funding compliance are in place
- Review LE’s and establish baselines for fees, applying cures when necessary based on legal compliance requirements
- Effectively communicate with underwriting and loan coordinator departments
- Ensure correctly prepared Preliminary Disclosures, Appraisals, Flood Determinations, Title Commitments and Insurance and any documents/verifications required by Underwriting are uploaded and correctly categorized in the LOS. These documents are also to be reviewed for accuracy and compliance with the application information and underwriting guidelines
- Perform pre-closing file reviews for accuracy In-file information must match the LOS application, the Investor’s application and the corresponding Automated Underwriting results. Correct discrepancies or report to MLO, branch management, or direct manager as the situation warrants
- Responsible for being compliant with all regulations and compliance requirements pertaining to the job function.
- Carries out other duties that may be assigned or requested