More and more people say they prefer the convenience of online shopping over conventional store shopping. But the advantages of click over brick – saving time, more choices, on spot reviews and comparisons, avoiding crowds – come with some risks. More than 23 million Americans have had their packages stolen from their homes. During the Holidays, the ubiquitous Christmas packages have become a sought after item for burglars.
So how can you stay ahead of would-be “Porch Pirates”?
- Pick up at your local UPS, FedEx or USPS facility
- Use signature confirmation
- Leave delivery instructions to drop off the package someplace out of sight
- Deliver to your workplace
- Use UPS “My Choice” and FedEx “Delivery Manager” to track packages, receive delivery alerts, and schedule delivery time
- Use a relative’s or a neighbor’s address
- Keep a camera visibly pointed at your porch
A stolen package can ruin your day. Follow these tips to help you protect your purchases and reduce stress this Holiday season!